CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Warm Hands, Warm Heart

It is back to school tomorrow, vacation is over for me. This time seems to go so fast because of the holidays I suppose. I started this card on Friday for the Sugar Nellie challenge, Sugar Bowl Challenge 26 Lilians Sketch. The added part is to include "something new" along with the sketch.
The new on my card is this cute Sugar Nellie stamp (first time it has been inked) and the DP which I just bought a short time ago and just opened it now to use it.

This should have been an easy card for me but the colors in the DP are definitely not colors I use at all. Coloring with my Copics colors that I might not even have used yet was hard to figure what would work together, none of these colors that I own had colors close to each other to use for shading and blending. It took me days of walking away and coming back before everything matched and looked good. Next card I am going back to my comfort colors!

I do have to say that these new 6x6 packs called petite papers from Webster's Papers are beautiful. I used the holiday paper pack this time but I also have another of the floral packs also. Their papers are very shabby chic with a touch of old world I guess I would call it. Our LSS started carrying the line and these packs fly out of the store.

Supplies
Stamps:Sugar Nellie, Impression Obsession (saying)
Papers: CTMH Textured CS, Papertrey White CS, DP Webster's Pages
Inks: Copics, Memento Black
Accessories:Nesties, Making Memories Distressing Tool, Paper Shaper Whale Tail Punch and Snowflake, MS Snowflake Punch, Stickles Chunky Glitter, Recollections Sticker Pearls, LSS Ribbon, Gold Charm Unknown

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what I created. I really do appreciate everyone who stops by my blog and especially those who leave a comment about my cards. It means so much to me.

Have a wonderful start to the week,
Mary

6 comments:

Lilian said...

Mary, your colors look fine to me. Your card is just so sweet! It just reminded me to better use this image while I can still have an excuse for a Winter card. :)
Thanks for taking time to join the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too ;) Have a wonderful day!

Michelle Quinno said...

That is beautiful, Mary! I love the color combo. I'll have to check out those papers at IAI next time I'm there. It's been ages!

Peggy said...

This is so pretty. I love the rough edges. It goes so well with the image. Great job!

Kathy said...

Oh Mary this is so pretty!!!!! I love this paper and combined with this sweet image it is perfection!! I love what you did with Lilian's sketch!!!
Thanks so much for playing along!
:)Kathy

Michelle Quinno said...

Happy Birthday to you, Mary! I hope you have a fantastic day!!

Shirl said...

Happy Birthday also Mary (kept that quiet). Paper colours are lovely and you have followed them perfectly in the image - she looks adorable.