CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Olympic Downhill Skiing!!!

It is really rainy and warm here in New England today. I am hoping it washes away a lot of the old snow that is on the ground before the next batch comes maybe on Saturday!
I love this High Hopes stamp. I was lucky enough to be given it by Crissy Armstrong. I didn't realize how cute it was until I inked it up and fell in love with it. There is so many adds for the Olympics lately I decided to make a card with the Winter Games in mind. It was also screaming out for lots of sparkle so I glittered a lot of the card! I wanted to make the image look like it was on the snow so I cut out the top half and "popped" it up only on the upper part to pull it away from the sky. I used my cloud maker to give the look of puffy clouds. Just something different to try for a change.

These are the challenges that it fits
ABC Challenge-M is for Masking. I masked the clouds in the back round with my cloud maker.
Little Red Wagon Challenge #12-Snowflakes, I made the large snowflake in the corner with felt, paper and iridescent flakes then covered with glitter and a Dew Drop.
Stamp Something-This challenge is to stamp something funny. I thought the idea of a polar bear participating in the Olympics was funny.
Fussy and Fancy Challenge 2-The challenge this week is winter. I would say this fits. This is my first time playing along with this challenge and I have to say it is a great challenge.
Double Dutch Challenge DDC 35-Baby It's Cold Outside, make something that is cold or frosty!
I love this challenge because I would rather have the frosty on a card not outside! Fantastic theme.
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #7-This is a color challenge, blue, green and white. I love these three colors together!
Challenge Up Your Life #12-Another new challenge that looks like fun,the challenge is snow and ice. It always makes me think, pull out the glitter to make everything look icy on a card!
Raise the Bar Challenge #2-This challenge was really fun, The Gift That Keeps On Giving. You are to use something on the card that someone gave you. My daughter gave both myself and my sister some felt snowflakes as part of a gift. Also the stamp was given to me by Crissy Armstrong, I just love her stamps.
Charisma Cardz Challenge #3-The challenge this week is fruity colors! It was so much fun to think "fruity", my green is for grapes and blue for blueberries. This challenge was really a lot of fun!
Totally Gorjuss Challenge-This challenge was a bit different. You need to add dimension to your card. I cut out the top half of the image and then popped up just the top half to give the illusion that he was on top of the snow. I hope it looks that way.
Hand Full of Stamps Challenge #13-Swirls, Swirls, Swirls. I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder to creat swirls on my card. This is one of my favorite embossing folders! This was a fantastic challenge!

Supplies

Stamps: High Hopes

Paper: SU Pacific Point and Glorious Green CS, Papertrey white CS, DP unknown

Inks: Copics, Su Bashful blue

Accessories: Nesties, Cloud Maker, Paper Shaper Snowflake Punch, Dew Drops, Felt Snowflakes, SU Glitter, Michaels Ribbon and misc. brads, snowflake charm

Thanks for stopping by to see what I created. These were all fabulous challenges and you should definitely check them out and try a few of them. If you could take a minute and let me know what you think of my card I really appreciate all the wonderful comments that you leave for me to read.

Happy Creating,

Mary

27 comments:

Loes said...

nice card!!!

greetings,
Loes

Stempelhexe said...

Tolle Farben, die Karte ist klasse geworden.

LG
Ulla

Kat said...

Love that image and also how you've created dimension. Thanks for joining us at TG and good luck.

Kat x

craftymum said...

A lovely card. Put together beautifully. Thanks for joining us at TG
Love sarah XXX
p.s. do check out the DT blogs and feel free to become followers

andrea said...

what a fab card,love the stamp,thankyou for joining uis at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Michelle Quinno said...

hehe, that is just the cutest, Mary!! Love the image, dp/colors you used, the dimensional snow, etc., etc.!!

Michele Spera said...

I love these colors together, its eye popping:-) beautiful job on this one:-) Love the added dimension of the snowflakes
Thank you for joining us at TG this week
Xmichele

Joanne said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Peggy said...

This is such a fun card! Love the colors!!

Darlene said...

Your card is just adorable! LOVE that image and those snowflakes are the perfect touch!! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar. We do hope you'll come back again next week for more fun!!

Sally said...

I love this card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Juanita said...

What a great card! I love how bright and cheery it is. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

biggi-al said...

Your card looks great - thanks for joining as at CUYL.

Allison said...

FABULOUS
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Anonymous said...

Oh this is ACE!! love this card! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Samantha :0)

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful card, love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy

tanjaak said...

Hi! Lovely card. Thanks for joining us in the fun at Stamp Something this week.
hugs,Tanja

Juls said...

he he fun card!! Love the fab colour combo and all the sparkle!! Hugs Juls

Melissa said...

This is so fun! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week in our Something Funny challenge with your great project!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! The way you've popped up the image and have him skiing down the slope is brilliant! The color combo, snowflakes, sparkles, ribbon--all the details are wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Unknown said...

super cute card, love the colors!!!
Trish

Krista said...

I just love your use of color! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Shirl said...

Another stunner Mary and the cutting out of the bear is a lovely idea. Good Luck with all the challenges. x x x

Kristen said...

Suoer cute card Mary, I love the paper you used here. Wonderfully done!

Renkata said...

So cute card. I love how you lay out the card, just gorgeous.

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your card is Stunning so cute and adorable. Thanks so much for playing the Double Dutch Challenge.....

Hugs
Heike

Unknown said...

This has to be one of my favorite cards!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish