CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

New Friends, Sugar Nellie Challenge #20 Gayle's Sketch

It has been rainy day here in New England today. I'm not complaining because all the plants could use a good soaking before the Fall temps come along for good. It was a great day to stay inside and make some cards. This card was made for the challenge over at Sugar Nellie's Sugar Bowl, Challenge 20 Gayle's sketch . I always love their challenges, so many beautiful cards to see and they always add a little twist. This week is a sketch and on the card you need to paper piece something on the card. I pieced her coat, mittens, scarf and hat. I also colored on the paper on the hat and scarf to tie it into the mittens.

I didn't have any idea what I was going to do on the card when I started. I am not one to pick out my DP before I start coloring so picking out the DP that I was going to use for the paper piecing was no different. Luckily the new pack of winter DP from Basic Grey had this really cute reindeer paper that matched the finished image perfectly. I did mess up though. When I do the sky I usually have green grass on the ground. I wasn't thinking and I masked off for snow and when the sky and the snowy ground were done it looks they are somewhere barren I should have added some trees into the back round, next time I'll know. I did add flock on the sleeves and the pompom on her hat. I also bought at the convention some snow glitter. It looked great on their samples and I couldn't walk away without it. It does give a different sparkle than glitter.
I didn't add a saying yet because I am not sure if I'll use this as one of my Christmas cards this year.

Supplies Stamps: Sugar Nellie
Paper: SU Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red, Papertrey White, DP Basic Grey, Bo Bunny
Coloring: Copics, SU Bashful Blue
Accessories: Cloud Maker, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Stampendous Flock and Twinklets Snow Glitter, Paper Shaper Snowflake Border Punch, Maya Road Pearl Pin, LSS Ribbon, Felt Snowflakes, EK Success Snowflake Punches, Kaiser Pearls

I hope you liked the way this card came out. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments about my creations, it is truly appreciated.

Have a wonderful day,
Mary

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I love the flock and the snow on this card. Great job!

Kristen said...

oh Mary, this is just gorgeous. I see you have the new basic Grey DP. Love this card!

Michelle Quinno said...

That's so beautiful, Mary! Love her coat and her cuffs, the snow, etc.!

Hope your cold is going away.

Kathy said...

Mary this is just gorgeous!!! I love this image and the colors and papers that you have used with her are so pretty!! Love the paper piecing!!
THanks so much for playing along in the challenge and have a great week-end :)Kathy