CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Color My World,TSSC77, Copic Creations #7

I just love Sugar Nellie stamps and the Home Grown girls are beginning to become my favorites. I am not sure why this one was one of the first I bought, maybe because you don't often see a stamp of a cute girl doing painting.

I made this card for Mary Jo's Monday Sketch challenge, TSSC77, It was a really easy sketch to work with. I chose to turn the sketch on it's side for this card and then add my own touches to it.
You can't tell from the picture but all the paint(except the wall) and the paintbrush have Crystal Effects on it to give the idea of wet paint.

I also used this card for the Copic Creations challenge #7, to color an image with brunette hair. I am always experimenting with hair color to try to get it as natural as possible. I love that Copics let me blend as much as I want and play around with what I don't like.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie, Hero Arts
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean, Papertrey White, DP Basic Grey
Inks: SU Cool Caribbean, Memento black and Copics
Accessories: Nesties, SU pearls Crystal Effects, Prima flowers, Michaels ribbon, and JoAnns pearl beads

Thanks for stopping by to see what I have created. I hope you enjoy my cards.
Have a wonderful day,
Mary

9 comments:

Jami said...

Such a sweet image! I love how you did the paint on the wall! Thanks for joining us in the Copic Creations challenge!

Michelle Quinno said...

That is soooo pretty, Mary! Love that color combo. It's one of my favorites! And I love the pearls with those pretty papers!

Peggy said...

I saw this IRL and the pic doesn't do it justice. It is absolutely beautiful. Great job!

MJ said...

Oh my is she ever sweet. These images remind me of the old Holly Hobbie dolls I used to have as a kid. I loved them. You did a great job with this sketch, thanks so much for playing along.

Jane Wetzel said...

very, very, very cute! Your coloring is perfect and great job on the copic challenge!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, I love this image. I also love the combination of the overalls and pearls. Too cute! Your coloring and whole care are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining our Copic Creations Brunette challenge.

Kristen said...

Well Mary what can I say ....GORGEOUS! Love the card and I love the stamps.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful card! i love the colors.
Thank you for joining my blog candy

have a great weekend
hugs
claudia

Anonymous said...

I love this card, love hte way you did the paint on the wall too!
Samantha :0)