CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Not Lion!

I got this cute High Hopes lion a while ago because I thought he was just too cute. I kind of forgot about him until I was looking for an image to use for Mary Jo's Monday lunchtime sketch challenge and decided he would make a great valentine card. TSSC 56 is really cute and was fun to work with, you should check it out and play along.

It took me a couple of tries before I got the lion to look the way I wanted using my Copics. I love the heart DP CS and so that is what led me to use the colors that I did on the card. I used my Just Rite stamps to spell out the hearts and the bottom one was going to say Be Mine but I was working on it at school to try and finish it up and one of the little boys in the class that I work in came up and said "it's a valentine, it should say I'm not lion, I love you". So now it does. The funny part is that this little boy isn't crazy about doing crafts and usually never comes over like the other kids to see what I am working on. When I told him that I was going to give him credit for helping me finish the card he just smiled and walked away. This is why I love working in an elementary school.

Supplies:
Stamps: High Hopes and Just Rite Stamps
CS: SU Choc. Chip, Real Red, Pretty in Pink and Neenah White, DP Making Memories
Ink: SU Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Versafine Black and Copics
Accessories: Heart Ribbon (I don't know who makes it), misc. pink brads, MS heart stickers and Marvy Heart Punch

Starting tomorrow afternoon I am on Feb. school vacation. I am hoping to get lots of cards amde and shop for new fun things to use on them. I am definitely going to be posting more often so check back to see what I am working on.

Thanks for looking and leave a comment if you like what I have created.
Mary

3 comments:

MJ said...

How sweet. I love the way the lion turned out. The hearts and ribbon on the side are perfect, great card, thanks so much for playing along.

Michelle Quinno said...

LOL, gotta love the honesty of kids. Love the card, it's very cute, Mary!!

Kristen said...

Mary, great take on the sketch. Your coloring is Fab. Love it!